This is an archival site of the Hub-of-All-Things (HAT) Project, the CONTRIVE/HALL project and the HARRIET project, the 3 projects that contributed to the development of the HAT Microserver, and the design/implementation of the HAT ecosystem. It is no longer updated and is preserved for archival purposes only.
For the live ecosystem and the websites, please visit
HAT Research continues at https://hat-lab.org
What is the HAT?
Our Research Investigators have their say about the HAT:
- Jon Crowcroft on HAT & Connecting Systems
- Irene Ng on Value & Creating New Markets with the HAT
- Roger Maull on HAT & Changing Business Models
- Glenn Parry on HAT & Datasets in the Home
- Tom Rodden on HAT, Data & Consent
- Kimberley Scharf on Understanding Behaviour Through the HAT
- Chris Speed on HAT’s Creative & Design Dimensions